Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

H1B Transfer - i-140 approved but visa expired and out of US

Recommended Posts


Employer A has initiated my GC process but had to move out of country just 2 months prior to max out while my PERM was under process. i-140 was approved later while i was in India and my current visa has  expired.

Can Employer B apply a H1B Transfer for me and initiate my Green Card process again or should i come back to US through Employer A alone and then apply for a H1B visa transfer through Employer B?

Edited by ss1214

Share this post

Link to post

Employer B can apply for your transfer based on the approved I140. You need not go through employer A. 

You will need a copy of that approved I140 for filing the transfer.

Share this post

Link to post

Just adding to what Rohit said...Your I140 needs to be approved for more than 180 days for Emp B to use it for transfer. 

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this