H1B stamping in India - Change in location with in same MSA.

Abana

Hi,

I was working for 9yrs with one of the reputed Indian MNCs and traveled to US, Canada and Europe never had any issue anywhere. Also, never had any issue getting my H1B, amendment transfer and all. Now I joined a new Company (Which is also a large farm) where there is Client as well as Product.
My petition talks about a client A as work site location but soon after I joined there we moved to our office which is in the same MSA. However I am no longer working for that client , but working in internal projects serving multiple clients (who uses our product). There is no change in my Role and job description some changes in compensation per MSI .

Now I have my visa interview scheduled in India on Mid Nov. (My Visa was expired in mid 2017 but I 94 is valid till Mid 2021). Our legal team does not think I need any additional document to show for stamping as:
1. Location change with in MSA does not need any amendment. Roles did not change etc.
2. As  I am working out of our office office and no client office on internal projects I do not have client letter.
3. I am not working for any employer vendor situation, I am directly working with my company, from my company location.

Do you find any risk in this situation? Should I carry any specific document to support my case? Any help here is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I totally understand how you feel and making sure everything is good before going for the interview. Everything seems to be in order from what you have said above. 

If you want you can talk to any good attorney and have them review your case. Some firms offer mock interview process which will help you prepare for the actual interview. 

On 10/29/2019 at 1:19 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

1. Rules did not change. Now a days most including me doing amendment just to avoid unnecessary 221G issues. We got to visa stamping with approved H1B which has latest.

Internal projects are risky but if it s good large firm then it is good.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:28 PM, User099 said:

I totally understand how you feel and making sure everything is good before going for the interview. Everything seems to be in order from what you have said above. 

If you want you can talk to any good attorney and have them review your case. Some firms offer mock interview process which will help you prepare for the actual interview. 

Thank you guys! Per the legal team, they find everything is in order. As this is a new situation for me I was not quite comfortable. However your remarks made me feel much better. Our company will not file any amendment as that is not required as per the guidelines, so have to wait and watch. I will keep this thread updated with the outcome of the process.

• 2 months later...