Green Card for Mother I-130 Filed

Dear All - 

In Feb 2019, I lost my father and thereafter have tried bringing my mother to USA on visitor visa. However, the US Embassy in New Delhi denied it 2 times (both children in USA) and won't really do anything about it.

I am a USA citizen and therefore ended up applying for her Green Card I-130. The priority date assigned to the case is Aug 23 2019. We opted for consular processing as she is in India. I have a few questions and will greatly appreciate any help here.

1) How long is it taking for I-130 to get approved these days for mothers / parents category?

2) While we wait to hear from NVC , how does the process flow from here and what to expect ?

3) Do I need to file for her affidavit of support and if that will be requested / and when ? It was not a requirement for I-130 filing and I was told to attach only required papers at this time.

4) My mother was born in 1949 and I don't have her birth certificate. Will that be required at any stage of the process? 

5) If birth certificate will be required, how do I get the birth certificate for my mother ?

6) How long is overall process taking, any other guidance for me will be really appreciated. I am under pressure as she is alone and will like her to join me at the earliest.

Regards

Love

I am just responding to your birth Certificate question. Yes it is very important document. However in special cases such as you mother's, she may have an affidavit that can be used instead of birth certificate. It is rather lengthy process to receive for India. If you guys use some connections and provide other necessary documents to local authorities, it can be gained in few months.  

Dear Mr. Noah Lott - Thank you for your responses. 

- Will I get request to provide I-864 from USCIS ? Just trying to understand how I will know?

- When they reach out to delhi embassy to schedule an appointment for my mother - will they inform me here in USA or my mother in India?

- How do others in similar situation get a birth certificate ? My mother does have her school certificate that has her date of birth and also her passport has her date of birth - will that not be sufficient ? Can an affidavit work? She was born in a far off city and at this age for her to go there is not going to be feasible so I really need to find a way here not to lose time while I am waiting to hear from USCIS.

Again thank you for your help and appreciate any guidance.

Regards

Love

Dear care_candidate: 

Many thanks for your response. Is there any format of affidavit that is needed? I can meantime get it ready. 

If you can point me to a website or any information on how to get her birth certificate, I can try using some political contacts. Please let me know.

Appreciate any help.

Regards

Love