221G OTTAWA H4

Hi,
i  went for h4 stamping yesterday in ottawa and got a 221g yellow slip. I'm thinking to fly to India and stay over there till her admin processing gets done.Can you please let me know how much time would the consulate give to submit the passport after they request the passport. We were wondering if the passport can be sent via fedex to canada and someone can pick up the passport to ship it back in india

Same as usual people just post when they troubles rather than success cases.

I feel they will give some time. As far as I know they is no hard time limit like with 7 days else your visa will be cancelled. Nothing like that. They will send the email and ask you to give them passport.

Passport via fedex and again back is too risky. It is very important document and do not take any chances with it. My best take go to India and when 221G is resolved and they ask you send passport travel to Canada and get visa stamped and step into USA. This option involves some money but its worth the risk.

3 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

Same as usual people just post when they troubles rather than success cases.

I feel they will give some time. As far as I know they is no hard time limit like with 7 days else your visa will be cancelled. Nothing like that. They will send the email and ask you to give them passport.

Passport via fedex and again back is too risky. It is very important document and do not take any chances with it. My best take go to India and when 221G is resolved and they ask you send passport travel to Canada and get visa stamped and step into USA. This option involves some money but its worth the risk.

Thanks. I will fly back to Canada and get it stamped

2 hours ago, User099 said:

May be wait in Canada for few days if you have the option, rather than going back and forth. Fedex option is risky. 

I can wait but consulate informed me that they are not sure how long it might take. I was thinking may be I can go to India instead of waiting in Canada 

On 10/26/2019 at 2:38 PM, NASTERIXK said:

Hi,
i  went for h4 stamping yesterday in ottawa and got a 221g yellow slip. I'm thinking to fly to India and stay over there till her admin processing gets done.Can you please let me know how much time would the consulate give to submit the passport after they request the passport. We were wondering if the passport can be sent via fedex to canada and someone can pick up the passport to ship it back in india

You can go to India and come back to Canada when the consulate requests for the passport. You cannot ship passports across countries. It is not legal. They will give enough time to submit passport.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

What is the status on your case? Did they approve by now? My IV was on 30th Oct and I received 221G blue form. As of now I am just waiting patiently in Ottawa to hear from them. During IV VO told me it will take 2-4 weeks. Hope if comes soon. Please let me know if you got yours.

Thanks!

Edited by OHBOYY
Typo
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 12:17 AM, OHBOYY said:

Hi,

What is the status on your case? Did they approve by now? My IV was on 30th Oct and I received 221G blue form. As of now I am just waiting patiently in Ottawa to hear from them. During IV VO told me it will take 2-4 weeks. Hope if comes soon. Please let me know if you got yours.

Thanks!

still waiting for an update. 

I am in the same boat. No updates whatsoever. I am still waiting in Ottawa and running out of patience. Its been more than 3 calendar weeks now.

Per my knowledge (I may be wrong), yellow slip is employer related. Try asking your/ primary H1Bs employer or lawyer if there was any inquiry about your case. Pls let know if any updates.

Edited by OHBOYY
typo
On 11/20/2019 at 5:05 PM, OHBOYY said:

I am in the same boat. No updates whatsoever. I am still waiting in Ottawa and running out of patience. Its been more than 3 calendar weeks now.

Per my knowledge (I may be wrong), yellow slip is employer related. Try asking your/ primary H1Bs employer or lawyer if there was any inquiry about your case. Pls let know if any updates.

As of today, no one got in touch with my previous employer. Mine is H1 to H4 case