Intent to Revoke notice

SugalAhuja

I am an Indian citizen, who moved to US for my Masters (as F-1 student).

I worked at a large retail company out of school and got my work visa (H-1B approved 2017).

I switched employer since and have been with my current employer (a start-up) for the last 2 years. I have worked for both my employers full-time (not as a consultant).

Few days back I saw my status on the H-1B status website change to a 'notice of Intent to Revoke' my work visa. Everyone who works with, who was on a work visa also got this status.

At the moment it seems like some documentation that was sent to USCIS did not line up was the reason for this notice.

I wanted some advice on what my options are.

1. Can I change employers? If I do does this notice go away?

2. If my visa is revoked how long before I have to leave the US?

3. If revoked, can I work for a new employer while they apply for a new H1-B (pre-approval)?

4. Is changing employer at the moment advisable?

5. Does this effect applying for a PR, to say Canada?

Any additional advice is appreciated.

19 hours ago, SugalAhuja said:

I am an Indian citizen, who moved to US for my Masters (as F-1 student).

I worked at a large retail company out of school and got my work visa (H-1B approved 2017).

I switched employer since and have been with my current employer (a start-up) for the last 2 years. I have worked for both my employers full-time (not as a consultant).

Few days back I saw my status on the H-1B status website change to a 'notice of Intent to Revoke' my work visa. Everyone who works with, who was on a work visa also got this status.

At the moment it seems like some documentation that was sent to USCIS did not line up was the reason for this notice.

I wanted some advice on what my options are.

1. Can I change employers? If I do does this notice go away?

2. If my visa is revoked how long before I have to leave the US?

3. If revoked, can I work for a new employer while they apply for a new H1-B (pre-approval)?

4. Is changing employer at the moment advisable?

5. Does this effect applying for a PR, to say Canada?

Any additional advice is appreciated.

You haven't explained your case clearly. Was there a gap between your F-1 and H-1b? Did you work in same company during F-1 status? Did you apply for new H-1b when you changed jobs? Were you out of status during any of this time?

How many other in your employment received similar notice? Did they apply via same attorney? What did your employer/attorney say about this? Was this direct or consultant kind of employment? Does your employer want to continue you? Did employer conduct any Illegal activity and got reported? Was your application incorrect at any point?

If there is nothing you know about it, what is the possible reason you think of?