H1B visa extension during 2nd marriage

Hello,

I got divorced last year and getting remarried again in December 2019. My current H1B visa is valid till Oct 29, 2019 but I will be getting a visa extension (till 2022) by end of this week/early next week. I am flying to India early december and have to get my visa renewed through dropbox application process.

Currently me and my fiancee (who is in India, divorced as well) are filling out our DS-160's. We got engaged in June. We are applying for her H4 visa and plan to take a visa interview date 4 to 5 days post marriage. Once my I-797A/B (approved petition for visa extension) is received by my company's immigration lawyer, he will send it to me via email. Based on this, we both will complete our DS-160's, pay the visa fee and book the interview date for my fiancee in the Mumbai consulate. I will be doing the dropbox application at the OFC center in Mumbai.

I had a few questions related to this topic:

1. On the DS-160, is the following correct entry for marital status?

H1B (my case):  There are 2 options:

a. If I Do dropbox application before marriage date and mention 'Divorced' as the marital status. Provide Divorce Decree and see if they stamp visa using that info.

b. Do dropbox application after marriage date and mention 'Other' as the marital status. There is a comment section under this 'Other' marital status wherein I can comment - 'Currently engaged. Marriage date is Dec 15th'

H4B visa (my fiancees case): I have checked on multiple forums and talked to my colleague as well. But the most logical thing to do in my opinion is to select 'Other' marital status and add comment like 'Currently Engaged. Marriage date is Dec 15th'.

2. Will there be a problem if my passport renewal application is under way while my fiancee is appearing for her interview? Will it be a problem if I have 'Divorced' as marital status in my DS-160 and then when my fiancee appears for her interview with her DS-160 showing 'Other' marital status (as mentioned above)?

3. Does H1B visa extension stamping through dropbox require for me to carry marriage certificate? How about divorce decree?

4. Is there a recommendation by anyone on this issue or any relative/friend has gone through this mode of H1B immigration stamping?

Please help answering the questions above. 

Thanks,

VS                                                                                               

13 hours ago, Vishal Sanghai said:

Hello,

I got divorced last year and getting remarried again in December 2019. My current H1B visa is valid till Oct 29, 2019 but I will be getting a visa extension (till 2022) by end of this week/early next week. I am flying to India early december and have to get my visa renewed through dropbox application process.

Currently me and my fiancee (who is in India, divorced as well) are filling out our DS-160's. We got engaged in June. We are applying for her H4 visa and plan to take a visa interview date 4 to 5 days post marriage. Once my I-797A/B (approved petition for visa extension) is received by my company's immigration lawyer, he will send it to me via email. Based on this, we both will complete our DS-160's, pay the visa fee and book the interview date for my fiancee in the Mumbai consulate. I will be doing the dropbox application at the OFC center in Mumbai.

I had a few questions related to this topic:

1. On the DS-160, is the following correct entry for marital status?

H1B (my case):  There are 2 options:

a. If I Do dropbox application before marriage date and mention 'Divorced' as the marital status. Provide Divorce Decree and see if they stamp visa using that info.

b. Do dropbox application after marriage date and mention 'Other' as the marital status. There is a comment section under this 'Other' marital status wherein I can comment - 'Currently engaged. Marriage date is Dec 15th'

H4B visa (my fiancees case): I have checked on multiple forums and talked to my colleague as well. But the most logical thing to do in my opinion is to select 'Other' marital status and add comment like 'Currently Engaged. Marriage date is Dec 15th'.

2. Will there be a problem if my passport renewal application is under way while my fiancee is appearing for her interview? Will it be a problem if I have 'Divorced' as marital status in my DS-160 and then when my fiancee appears for her interview with her DS-160 showing 'Other' marital status (as mentioned above)?

3. Does H1B visa extension stamping through dropbox require for me to carry marriage certificate? How about divorce decree?

4. Is there a recommendation by anyone on this issue or any relative/friend has gone through this mode of H1B immigration stamping?

Please help answering the questions above. 

Thanks,

VS                                                                                               

1. You need to fill as married for option 1 b. Same for H-4 also.  The details should be as of the date you attend interview.

2. No issue. But better to go with option 1 b.

3. Not needed. It is only needed for H-4 stamping.