Planned for H1B stamping in India in Nov 2019 but about to lose job in Dec 2019

Hi,

I got my H1B approval until Aug 2020 and I got converted from OPT EAD to H1B effective 1st Oct 2019. I work at client 'Z' through implementation partner 'Y' and my employer 'X' is a vendor to 'Y'.

My marriage got fixed in Dec 2019 and expecting my current work order(Y->X) to renew until March 2019, I planned for H1b visa stamping in India and scheduled one in Nov 2019. My Fiancee is currently in the US on a B2 visa and she should return by the 1st week of December. My manager informed me that they are not extending the current contract which ends on 31st Dec 2019. I'm worried if the consulate officer asks for the current contract end date and rejects my H1B visa. My client letter doesn't talk about the contract dates.

1. Is it recommended to travel to India for H1B Stamping?

2. If I travel to India and get a 221G and my contract ends on 31st Dec 2019, What would be the next steps?

3. If traveling to India is not recommended and I marry my fiancee in the US, Is it required for her to travel to India to get an H4 stamping? Can we get her status changed from B2 to H4 without travelling to India?

15 hours ago, Avinaash said:

Hi,

I got my H1B approval until Aug 2020 and I got converted from OPT EAD to H1B effective 1st Oct 2019. I work at client 'Z' through implementation partner 'Y' and my employer 'X' is a vendor to 'Y'.

My marriage got fixed in Dec 2019 and expecting my current work order(Y->X) to renew until March 2019, I planned for H1b visa stamping in India and scheduled one in Nov 2019. My Fiancee is currently in the US on a B2 visa and she should return by the 1st week of December. My manager informed me that they are not extending the current contract which ends on 31st Dec 2019. I'm worried if the consulate officer asks for the current contract end date and rejects my H1B visa. My client letter doesn't talk about the contract dates.

1. Is it recommended to travel to India for H1B Stamping?

2. If I travel to India and get a 221G and my contract ends on 31st Dec 2019, What would be the next steps?

3. If traveling to India is not recommended and I marry my fiancee in the US, Is it required for her to travel to India to get an H4 stamping? Can we get her status changed from B2 to H4 without travelling to India?

1. Not recommended until you get a new job.

2. You will be stuck.

3. Not needed. You can get the status changed from B-2 to H-4 within US.