H1B approved but Administrative Processing (2019)

I had my h1B interview on Sept 11, 2019 in Mumbai, India Consulate. It was straightforward and my VO said your visa is approved but it will take 1 week for the passport. I did not receive any slip. It has been 20 business days (4 calendar weeks) already but no sign of passport.

Visa status on CEAC website:

Sept 10 - Case Created

Sept 11- Interview and Admin Processing 

Sept 19 - case updated to  'Application Received'

Sept 24- Case updated status same

Sept 27 - Case updated status same

Sept 30 - Administrative Processing

Does anyone know what is happening? Has anyone faced a similar situation?

If you can share your experience, that would be helpful to understand how much time it takes for AP overall. 

Thanks!!

@GopalKrishna.. Sure. Here are my details..

I first did my MS degree Pharmacy Administration in the U.S from 2008-2011. After that, I worked for 3 years (1 year on OPT, 2 years on H1b) (2011-2014). My first H1B stamping in 2013 was really smooth and had gotten my passport in 2 days. From August 2014, I decided to pursue PhD in the same field and got my F1 visa stamped. My previous H1B was canceled.

In 2018, I graduated with Ph.D. and started working for a research consulting firm. I first started working on OPT from August 2018. In April 2019, my employer filed for H1B.. (as a transfer since I had several years left on my previous H1b). My H1B petition was approved on April 26th with immediate activation since it was a transfer. Ever since I have been working on H1B status (April 2019 - until today). 

I don't believe my field comes in TAL list either. On October 4th, I saw that SEVIS had corrected my OPT end date from 09/30/2019 to 04/30/2019 since that's when my H1B activation was beginning as per I 797. I am not sure if this is just a coincidence with administrative processing. 

What do you think could be causing a delay?

Thank you,

HK

My title is Associate Scientist (mid-senior position). 

My research field is NOT laboratory-based. It involves economic modeling (eg. cost-effectiveness) and health services research (eg. research using surveys, insurance claims data, electronic medical records) which supports the commercial side of Pharmaceutical Industry in the U.S

• 2 weeks later...