All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mkumar345

typo in I-94 number in H1B extension approval notice

The I-94 number from my most recent entry into US is xxxx12xxxx. My H1B extension was approved after that but I just realized that the I-94 number in the I-129 form we submitted as well as the I-94 number in the lower half of the new I-797A (USCIS's approval notice) has a typo xxxx21xxxx (the two digits in the middle are switched). Will this be an issue and do we need to get it corrected?  
If not, which I-94 number is the correct one, the new one with the typo (xxxx21xxxx) or the original one from CBP (xxxx12xxxx). Is there a way I can check if the new I-94 number is "valid"? I called USCIS customer service and tried to verify the new I-94 number's start/end validity dates, but they don't have access to that info.
I am planning to go back to my home country to get the H1B visa stamp renewed on my passport. Will I face any issues there because of the incorrect I-94 number in the approval notice?
If I don't get this corrected, will I face any issues in the future, say during H1B transfer or green card application process?

19 hours ago, mkumar345 said:

The I-94 number from my most recent entry into US is xxxx12xxxx. My H1B extension was approved after that but I just realized that the I-94 number in the I-129 form we submitted as well as the I-94 number in the lower half of the new I-797A (USCIS's approval notice) has a typo xxxx21xxxx (the two digits in the middle are switched). Will this be an issue and do we need to get it corrected?  
If not, which I-94 number is the correct one, the new one with the typo (xxxx21xxxx) or the original one from CBP (xxxx12xxxx). Is there a way I can check if the new I-94 number is "valid"? I called USCIS customer service and tried to verify the new I-94 number's start/end validity dates, but they don't have access to that info.
I am planning to go back to my home country to get the H1B visa stamp renewed on my passport. Will I face any issues there because of the incorrect I-94 number in the approval notice?
If I don't get this corrected, will I face any issues in the future, say during H1B transfer or green card application process?

You will not have any issues during stamping. I-94 numbers might differ sometimes. Bit as long as you get a I-94 you are good.

No need of any correction.

I have the same issue now, and I'm about to file my 1-140 & later I-485, do i need to correct it before filing the I-140 or can i file the I-140 now without delay?

I also have the same issue. One of the digit in the new I-94(I-797) is different from the old I-94(available online). Can you please advise if you took any action for correcting the same. Thanks in advance @mkumar345 @onlineprf