DS-160 salary in local currency

1) I work in the US and my H1B started OCT 1st 2019,  I'm planning to come to India for stamping for which I'm filling DS-160. It asks, salary in local currency, my salary was increased after Oct 1st to match the one on the LCA and the I-129 petition, I haven't received the paystub yet so I son't know exactly what my monthly salary would be but I know that I will be getting the new LCA salary but it would take 2-3 to receive my actual paystub for it. Is it okay to divide my LCA salary by 12 and enter that amount as a monthly figure. Which figure does the VO expect here?

2) I work in the Cyber Security Industry, it is more of  IT Security, so in Primary Occupation will it be Engineering or Computer science ?

On 10/6/2019 at 10:17 PM, Sumedh said:

1) I work in the US and my H1B started OCT 1st 2019,  I'm planning to come to India for stamping for which I'm filling DS-160. It asks, salary in local currency, my salary was increased after Oct 1st to match the one on the LCA and the I-129 petition, I haven't received the paystub yet so I son't know exactly what my monthly salary would be but I know that I will be getting the new LCA salary but it would take 2-3 to receive my actual paystub for it. Is it okay to divide my LCA salary by 12 and enter that amount as a monthly figure. Which figure does the VO expect here?

2) I work in the Cyber Security Industry, it is more of  IT Security, so in Primary Occupation will it be Engineering or Computer science ?

1. You can do that.

2. Just say other and mention your actual job title.

1) I ask my employer and they give me latest employer verification letter which has salary details and I divide that amount by 12 and put that amount in DS 160. My employer matches my salary in LCA, H1B petition, W2, and also employment verification letter.

Ask your employer sintead of you coming up with number.

2) If no other option then Engineering or Computer science  is good.

1) I ask my employer and they give me latest employer verification letter which has salary details and I divide that amount by 12 and put that amount in DS 160. My employer matches my salary in LCA, H1B petition, W2, and also employment verification letter.

Ask your employer sintead of you coming up with number.

2) If no other option then Engineering or Computer science  is good.

In the tech industry, getting paid twice a month is usual, so in that case, the salary paycheck is the yearly salary divided by 24. The H1 rules require to be paid no less than monthly. If you get paid monthly, the salary obviously has to be the yearly salary divided by 12. All this assumes that you are paid a yearly salary, not per hour. If you get paid by hour you have to get paid at least for 40 hours/week, even if you work less. Also H1 requirements.