Citizenship - to apply or not to apply?

I'm a Green Card holder (Indian national) who is interested in applying for US citizenship. The primary motivation is just the convenience factor of being able to work in the US and live anywhere indefinitely. There is also a perception/fear that GC laws may change for naturalization, long future wait times etc..
The question I have is around renunciation of citizenship. How difficult is it and how long of a duration does it take to relinquish citizenship? Also, is my decision to apply for citizenship the right one considering my motivation?

Your decision is only yours to judge. Basically, once you get naturalized, you send your Indian Passport to the Embassy stating with proof of your US Passport that you have acquired US Citizenship and that you are sending the Indian Passport to them for cancellation. They will stamp canceled as acquired US Citizenship and return the passport in a week or so in case you want to get OCI. You should, in any case, get a 10-year multiple entry visa for India if OCI is not an option for you.

• 2 weeks later...