H4 Visa - traveling back to USA

AJ_DFW

hi,

I am on H4 Visa and a freshman in a private university in USA. My H4 Visa is stamped and valid until 20-Feb-2020.

I plan to go out of country to Chile on a Tourist visa for a week to attend an educational conference. My conference in Chile is on Dec 8-14, 2019.

While returning back from Chile on Dec 15, 2019, I will have only 2 months left on my Visa, which is stamped on my passport. I am in the process of filing my H4 extension, which may take few months. Do you see any risk while returning to USA from Chile with only 2 months of valid visa on my passport?

On 10/3/2019 at 2:52 PM, AJ_DFW said:

hi,

I am on H4 Visa and a freshman in a private university in USA. My H4 Visa is stamped and valid until 20-Feb-2020.

I plan to go out of country to Chile on a Tourist visa for a week to attend an educational conference. My conference in Chile is on Dec 8-14, 2019.

While returning back from Chile on Dec 15, 2019, I will have only 2 months left on my Visa, which is stamped on my passport. I am in the process of filing my H4 extension, which may take few months. Do you see any risk while returning to USA from Chile with only 2 months of valid visa on my passport?

No issues.