Original or Amendment I797 receipt number in DS 160 ?

Hi All,

I have an upcoming H1B visa stamping appointment in Delhi in the month of November 2019. In submitted DS-160 form I used my original approved I-797 number. However, there was an amendment under processing  bcoz of my role change and now the amendment (a different I-797 receipt number) is approved too. Do I need to resubmit the DS-160 again from scratch with this approved amendment I-797 receipt number OR is it okay to go ahead with already submitted DS-160 (which has original approved I-797 number). Does it matter in my case?

Both the original I-797 and the amendment have the same start and end date. Please advice. Thanks a lot. Help appreciated.

On 10/3/2019 at 1:27 AM, atripathi said:

Hi All,

I have an upcoming H1B visa stamping appointment in Delhi in the month of November 2019. In submitted DS-160 form I used my original approved I-797 number. However, there was an amendment under processing  bcoz of my role change and now the amendment (a different I-797 receipt number) is approved too. Do I need to resubmit the DS-160 again from scratch with this approved amendment I-797 receipt number OR is it okay to go ahead with already submitted DS-160 (which has original approved I-797 number). Does it matter in my case?

Both the original I-797 and the amendment have the same start and end date. Please advice. Thanks a lot. Help appreciated.

Fill a new DS-160 and submit it. You can update the DS-160 number during finger printing appointment.