All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mishrav9

B1/B2 extension

Hello Forum, 

My wife entered the US on a B1/B2 for a business trip ending 6th Oct 2019. I along with my kids, joined her in the US on a B1/B2 and we were planning  a week long vacation at the end of her business trip. 

At the time of entry she had shown her deputation letter from the company which showed 6th of Oct as the end date and thus the immigration officer has given an exit date of 10th of Oct. Her return flight is booked for the 13th of Oct. So we need just a 3 days more as extension. 

What is our best recourse in this situation?  

8 hours ago, mishrav9 said:

Hello Forum, 

My wife entered the US on a B1/B2 for a business trip ending 6th Oct 2019. I along with my kids, joined her in the US on a B1/B2 and we were planning  a week long vacation at the end of her business trip. 

At the time of entry she had shown her deputation letter from the company which showed 6th of Oct as the end date and thus the immigration officer has given an exit date of 10th of Oct. Her return flight is booked for the 13th of Oct. So we need just a 3 days more as extension. 

What is our best recourse in this situation?  

Quickest way is to schedule an INFOPASS appointment. You may be able to get extension if she has not exceeded 6 moths of stay.

https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/v2

She could have asked for the extra week stating the truth. Now I do not see how she cannot avoid leaving on or before the tenth. Overstaying the I94 will void her B1/B2 visa. Getting an extension in the short time possible is a risk as the decision will come in a few months and if denial, she loses her existing visa. 

If your I94 is vaild till Oct 10th, leave on or before Oct 10th. Just 3 days might put you in Out of stauts and overstaying window. 

You can apply for extension of stay, but it will need a strong reason for approval.