H4 visa query -Filling DS-160 before marriage

Vic946

Hello,

I currently work in USA and my H1-B got approved this year. I'm a divorcee and marriage ended around 3 years ago. 

I'm going to India this November to get my H1-B visa stamped. I'm also planning to get remarried around same time and apply for a H-4 visa. I was planning to go  together to the visa interview. In order to do so each of us will be filling a DS 160. I have couple of queries regarding that:

1. In the personal section, should I put divorced or married? Should she put Married or Single?
  2. In the US companion should we both say yes and put corresponding names as Spouse?
  3. For her in US contact should can she put my name and put spouse as an option?
  4. Thus, the most basic question is should I put current information take the appointment and before appointment fill another DS 160 with updated information or can we put the future information as we will be going to visa interview after marriage? 

Regards,

Vic

On 9/28/2019 at 6:28 PM, Vic946 said:

Hello,

I currently work in USA and my H1-B got approved this year. I'm a divorcee and marriage ended around 3 years ago. 

I'm going to India this November to get my H1-B visa stamped. I'm also planning to get remarried around same time and apply for a H-4 visa. I was planning to go  together to the visa interview. In order to do so each of us will be filling a DS 160. I have couple of queries regarding that:

1. In the personal section, should I put divorced or married? Should she put Married or Single?
  2. In the US companion should we both say yes and put corresponding names as Spouse?
  3. For her in US contact should can she put my name and put spouse as an option?
  4. Thus, the most basic question is should I put current information take the appointment and before appointment fill another DS 160 with updated information or can we put the future information as we will be going to visa interview after marriage? 

Regards,

Vic

1. Married.

2. Right.

3. Yes.

4. You can put future information because on the date of interview you will be married.