Can I apply Citizenship for my 2 years old son (GC) with parents application?

KKK007

I and my wife just finished 5 years of Perminent Residency(GC) period so we are planning to apply Citizenship. I have son who born in India and he has GC since last 2.6 year's so is he eligible to apply his citizenship with my application? Or I have to wait till we get citizenship then apply for his application?

Please advise. 

Thanks in advance.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:10 AM, KKK007 said:

I and my wife just finished 5 years of Perminent Residency(GC) period so we are planning to apply Citizenship. I have son who born in India and he has GC since last 2.6 year's so is he eligible to apply his citizenship with my application? Or I have to wait till we get citizenship then apply for his application?

Please advise. 

Thanks in advance.

"Children under 18 automatically acquire U.S. citizenship if three requirements are met.

• The child must have U.S. lawful permanent resident status (“green card” holder).
  • At least one parent must be a U.S. citizen by birth or naturalization.
  • The child must be residing in the United States in the legal and physical custody of a USC parent.

In this situation, once all three requirements are met, U.S. citizenship is automatically conferred upon the child/ren by operation of law without the need to file a specific application requesting U.S. citizenship. These provisions apply to one’s adopted child/ren as well as biological child/ren."

https://www.murthy.com/2011/05/27/derivative-citizenship-children-of-naturalized-u-s-citizens/