Mother got 221G blue slip to appear interview after dropbox

DANAAR

We applied the Visitor Visa renewal for my mother 6months before 10 years visa expiration. Drop off the passport in dropbox. After 7 days, my mother got a passport with 221G Blue slip and it says to "please appear for an interview with a consular officer on any Monday, Tuesday, 
etc to 10 to 11 AM" and asked to provide proof of approval notice of extended stay in the USA. 
Now, I don't know what they ask for my mother during the interview. She is 65 years old. She came to the USA 7 times and went back without any delay to India and no bad record. She is a housewife and never worked earlier. Do you know what kind of question will ask my mother? 
What are the documents she has to take along with her during the interview? 
I provided my W2, invitation, employment letter, bank statement, etc. How do we prepare my mother for an interview?

Looks like they are asking for the approval notice for her extended stay that one time. I dont know how much you can prepare her at that age. Just ask her to be able to answer some basic questions as what she does when she comes here, how long she stayed here, who pays for the trip?

If she needs an interpreter, make sure she mentions that when she goes for an interview or write it on a paper and have her give to the VO.

I am exactly in the same situation. Applied via drop box and got a 221G asking to appear for an interview. Last time we applied for an extension after her 6 month of stay which was approved. She stayed for a month (after the 6 month period) and then left. We did attach the approval notice with the drop box application but looks like that did not help.

Because of the festivals etc. she is planning to go for the interview in November 1st week. Keeping fingers crossed.

Please post update on you situation after the interview. 

On 9/25/2019 at 4:10 PM, User099 said:

Looks like they are asking for the approval notice for her extended stay that one time. I dont know how much you can prepare her at that age. Just ask her to be able to answer some basic questions as what she does when she comes here, how long she stayed here, who pays for the trip?

If she needs an interpreter, make sure she mentions that when she goes for an interview or write it on a paper and have her give to the VO.

Thank you.