Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

H1B Transfer to the same employer while the old H1B is in withdrawal process

Recommended Posts

Here is my situation:

1. Transferred my H1B from Company-A to Company-B

2. Last day at Company-A was on 9/6/2019

3. Joined at Company-B on 9/9/2019

4. Company-A already sent H1B revoke request to USCIS on 9/9/2019

5. I did not like Company-B, and would like to go back to company-A as soon as possible

6. Company-A is ready to transfer my H1B back to them


Q1. Do I need to wait till I get 3 pay slips from Company-B to initiate my H1B transfer to Company-A? 

Q2. Would there be any risk to transfer to Company-A, while my previous H1B petition from Company-A is in the process of withdrawal? 

For example:

1. Company-A placed withdrawal request on 9/9/2019

2. Company-A applied for my H1B transfer again on 10/15/2019, while the pervious petition's withdrawal request is still not processed by USCIS

3. I receive my new H1B approval for Company-A on 10/25/2019

4. USCIS processes the previous H1 withdrawal from company-A on 11/1/2019

5. Am I still be in legal status? Does the previous H1B withdrawal (initiated on 9/9/2019, processed on 11/1/2019) has any effect on the latest approved H1B (initiated on 10/15/2019 and approved on 10/25/2019) from the same Company-A?


Share this post

Link to post

Since your withdrawal letter to USCIS for the original petition for Comany A is already sent out, your original petition is no longer usable. 

Company A will file for a new H1B request which will be whole new case and mostly problably will not have any impact on your pending/approved withdrawal. 

You will be in legal status (from the dates your provided) as you are working on your approved I797 for Company B currently. 

Regarding paycheck's, hoepfully by the time Company A files for a petition to transfer you will get atleast one paycheck. 

I would let Company A talk to an attorney to find the best possible way to handle it. 

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now