All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thinkingpad

Multiple visits within the same year

Hello, My parents are visiting me and my brother next year to take care of newborns. They will be with me during the early part of the year, go back to India in summer and come back again in a month or so. We are planning to have them here with me from Feb- June and mid August - Dec at my brother's place.

Are there any recommendation around

a) how long they should stay across the two visits ?

b) what should be the gap between the two visits ?

Please let me know. 

providing child care is not authorized for B2 visitors....what kind of job does your brother allegedly have that awards a 6 month vacation?

This plan will fizzle, as CBP will wonder just what people are doing for nearly a year in the US?? The simple and obvious answer is: working.

It is illegal for visitors to "take care of newborns." That is considered work, and visitors are not allowed to work.

You would need to hire a nanny, and your visitors would take away the job of a US nanny. A big NO!

Edited by JoeF

It may be a question of semantics and lost in translation. If you mean your folks want to be here at the birth and witness the happy moment, that is one thing. 

Taking care of baby construes to employment. If they are coming on visitor's visa, that will be fraudulent activity and misuse of visa. They should be visiting grandchildren/children only. It doesn't matter how they want to distribute visit between two places as long as they leave each time before their respective I-94 expiry. Gap doesn't matter a lot but they should be going to home country for sufficient time and not Canada/Mexico or adjacent Islands.