Time limit for I 485 filing

Ashika K

Are there any time limit for I 485 filing once priority date becomes current for backlogged countries please?

If I change my employer now, and if my priority date becomes current immediately after the change, can I still file my I 485 anytime in the following years  (if it is still current and not retrogressed again) by doing all the process of new PERM with my new employer, import old priority date and then apply for I 140 and I 485 concurrently please?

I have read about some limitation of I year or else the chance will be lost. Is this true please?

You can apply to I-485 only when your Priority date is current. If it was current and then retrogressed, you need to wait.

When you changed employer for Employment based Green card, you need to start over from scratch. You can still apply to retain old priority date but still need to apply for PERM, I-140 before filing I-485. If date is current, you can file concurrent.