H1B Stamping

Erukulla

Background: I'm currently on H-1B, full-time, and Non-IT background. Visiting India during November and December of this year. Attending a visa interview during the first week of December.

Situation: I've gone to India during 2017-18. while returning, at the port of entry, during the checking, I was found with a bag of dried curry leaves. Before the check when the officer asked me whether I'm carrying any plant-related products, I said 'NO' as I wasn't aware that they were in the bag (not justifying my self, it was a clear mistake on my side). I was fined $300 for carrying the leaves.

Question: 1. What kind of questions I could expect from the interviewer during the Visa Interview.

2. Could this be a reason to give me a 221-G or to reject the visa?

3. Any points for me to consider.

Please suggest. Thank you in advance for your responses.

16 hours ago, Erukulla said:

Background: I'm currently on H-1B, full-time, and Non-IT background. Visiting India during November and December of this year. Attending a visa interview during the first week of December.

Situation: I've gone to India during 2017-18. while returning, at the port of entry, during the checking, I was found with a bag of dried curry leaves. Before the check when the officer asked me whether I'm carrying any plant-related products, I said 'NO' as I wasn't aware that they were in the bag (not justifying my self, it was a clear mistake on my side). I was fined $300 for carrying the leaves.

Question: 1. What kind of questions I could expect from the interviewer during the Visa Interview.

2. Could this be a reason to give me a 221-G or to reject the visa?

3. Any points for me to consider.

Please suggest. Thank you in advance for your responses.

1. I don't think that will be an issue since you already paid the fine.

2. Don't see that as a reason.

On 9/19/2019 at 1:50 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

Do not think about that and attend the interview with full confidence and positive mind. Past is past now you cannot change it. If they ask you just tell them the truth.

On personal note, I really do not understand why people do all this stupid things and get into unnecessary immigration issues.

Thank you for your response.

True that. No one does anything like such intentionally. While packing my check-in bags, my father added them unknowingly and I never looked at it till the officer opened the bag during the checking. I'm not justifying by making that statement but sometimes stuff happens unknowingly.