All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willsvk

H1 to H4 Conversion and Stamping

Hi,

My wife completed her 6 years in H14 Visa on Sep 02 2019. I filed COS(I 539) via my employer to make her stay with me till my H1 Validity. We have even provided Biometric for the same.

Now we need to travel out of USA for a personal work. While coming back can we go for H1(for me) and H4 (for my wife) stamping? Or should we wait till her I 539 gets approved?

I got slots in Canada for interviews on Oct 3rd. Want to get clarified before appearing for interview. 

Thanks,

Vinoth

18 hours ago, willsvk said:

Hi,

My wife completed her 6 years in H14 Visa on Sep 02 2019. I filed COS(I 539) via my employer to make her stay with me till my H1 Validity. We have even provided Biometric for the same.

Now we need to travel out of USA for a personal work. While coming back can we go for H1(for me) and H4 (for my wife) stamping? Or should we wait till her I 539 gets approved?

I got slots in Canada for interviews on Oct 3rd. Want to get clarified before appearing for interview. 

Thanks,

Vinoth

Both of you can go for stamping. Don't need to wait for the approval of H-4. Make sure you take the H-4 extension receipt with you.

5 hours ago, willsvk said:

Thanks for your response, what will happen to I539 which i already applied?

If you go abroad, any change of status with an I-539 will get denied because if you are abroad there is no status to change. It is irrelevant if you enter with the visa.