EB3 to EB1, is it possible to apply under same company and same job responsibility?

Debmitra

I am working with this company for the last 3 years. I am currently working on H4 EAD and have recently got by I-140 through my employer.  My job entails managing and overseeing job functions in India so I travel quite a bit and have completed 1 year living outside in the last 3 consecutive years. I was told by my employer’s lawyer that based on job description etc. I do qualify for EB1. The company doesn’t share any application details with me and recently I have learned that they have filed my case under EB3, in questioning why would they do that when I qualify for EB1? Now they are saying they can parallely file for EB1. Is that advisable? It’s the same company, same job description and same job title. Would this be an issue or it is okay for file for EB1 as well and this can be done separately. Would really appreciate your advice.