All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChandanK

Received H4 Curtesy Copy with notice Type as – “Approval Notice” , but did not received original I-797

Hi ,

I have changed the company and my H1B VISA transfer get approved. I received the I-797 original copy along with extended I-94.

I (my attorney)  filed H4 VISA extension for my wife, and we revived the Courtesy Copy (not the official Notice) from USCIS with notice Type as – “Approval Notice”

But so far we have not received the original copy of her I-797. And all this processed in January 2019.

My attorney is saying that my wife can go to VISA stamping in Indian with the Courtesy Copy received from USCIS.

I just want to know that is the Courtesy Copy sufficient or do I really need original I-797?

Thanks,

Chandan 

On 9/13/2019 at 1:23 PM, ChandanK said:

Hi ,

I have changed the company and my H1B VISA transfer get approved. I received the I-797 original copy along with extended I-94.

I (my attorney)  filed H4 VISA extension for my wife, and we revived the Courtesy Copy (not the official Notice) from USCIS with notice Type as – “Approval Notice”

But so far we have not received the original copy of her I-797. And all this processed in January 2019.

My attorney is saying that my wife can go to VISA stamping in Indian with the Courtesy Copy received from USCIS.

I just want to know that is the Courtesy Copy sufficient or do I really need original I-797?

Thanks,

Chandan 

Don;t need a original copy. Just take the courtesy copy and your I-797. That should be enough.

Thanks for your reply ,  waiting for lawyers advice as i have received the approval notices,  H1 with approval date  of Sept 10 and H4 APPROVAL DATE OF Sept 11th.

Edited by srikan

On 9/16/2019 at 6:50 AM, shekar11# said:

Don;t need a original copy. Just take the courtesy copy and your I-797. That should be enough.

Thanks for reply.