All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
H-won

Apply H1B while H4 is still in Pending

Hi  All- I am currently on H1B Status, recently laid off from Full time job . I am planning to move to H4/H4 EAD,  if I dont find/get job in the H1B grace period of 60 days.

In case if i receive H4 receipt in a week from today and H4 transition application still in pending, will i be able to apply for H1B if i get a full time job a month later from now?

Please Help!

Thanks in Advance!

19 hours ago, H-won said:

Hi  All- I am currently on H1B Status, recently laid off from Full time job . I am planning to move to H4/H4 EAD,  if I dont find/get job in the H1B grace period of 60 days.

In case if i receive H4 receipt in a week from today and H4 transition application still in pending, will i be able to apply for H1B if i get a full time job a month later from now?

Please Help!

Thanks in Advance!

Yes, you can do that but also need to withdraw H-4 pending application.

Hi,

While your COS application from H1 to H4 is in pending and If you file a H1 transfer after 60 days grace period, are you eligible to work on receipt notice or do you need to wait till your H1 transfer gets approved.

I am in a similar situation, where i am on H1B and i got laid off. I applied for COS from H1 to F1. My 60 day grace period will end on Oct 6th. I am puzzled whether i can work on receipt notice after oct 6th.

Please Help!