UG college fees waiver for L2

etsiva

Hi

I am a L1 visa holder and my son (age-19) is studying in Georgia university with L2 visa. I am in US since 2017 and son is here since May 2018. University is not accepting him for the tuition fee waiver. He is in 3 rd semester and still paying out of state (international) fees. What are the other available options for getting the waiver. Is it good to apply for student visa for him for availing the waiver.

note- Our I140 is under processing.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:29 PM, etsiva said:

Hi

I am a L1 visa holder and my son (age-19) is studying in Georgia university with L2 visa. I am in US since 2017 and son is here since May 2018. University is not accepting him for the tuition fee waiver. He is in 3 rd semester and still paying out of state (international) fees. What are the other available options for getting the waiver. Is it good to apply for student visa for him for availing the waiver.

note- Our I140 is under processing.

Why do you think your son should pay resident fees on L2. Most universities consider you for resident fees if you are a permanent resident(required) and on top of that you must be a resident of that state. Having a GC is primary requirement in almost all universities.