H1-B visa stamping with expired F1 visa

bouquet

Hello there,

I had took F1 visa for 1 year in 2017. I have been staying in the USA for 2 years from 01/09/2017 to now on. Valid date of my visa was August 2017 but since I am allowed to stay in here DURING MY STATUS I wanted to stay for making my English better although my visa was EXPIRED. I dont have OPT nor Master Degree. I have just gotten the acceptance letter from the college for starting January October.During the period I had stayed in here and I always maintained my F1 visa status (I have a SEVIS until 2020) and found the employer that can be sponsor a H1-B visa for me.Finally my petition has been approved yesterday and I am so nervous about getting H1-B visa stamping from my home country since I had stayed more than expiration date of my visa.

Would the officer ask me the reason of staying in the USA more than 1 year? Would it be too risky for me to go and attend the interview??

I have an architectural degree and I will be working in the design company which is field in my study and I did not do any illegal things during the period I am here. Should I go and try my change for stamping the visa? 

Please share your thoughts and advices

thank you,

Bouquet

On 9/7/2019 at 6:46 PM, bouquet said:

Hello there,

I had took F1 visa for 1 year in 2017. I have been staying in the USA for 2 years from 01/09/2017 to now on. Valid date of my visa was August 2017 but since I am allowed to stay in here DURING MY STATUS I wanted to stay for making my English better although my visa was EXPIRED. I dont have OPT nor Master Degree. I have just gotten the acceptance letter from the college for starting January October.During the period I had stayed in here and I always maintained my F1 visa status (I have a SEVIS until 2020) and found the employer that can be sponsor a H1-B visa for me.Finally my petition has been approved yesterday and I am so nervous about getting H1-B visa stamping from my home country since I had stayed more than expiration date of my visa.

Would the officer ask me the reason of staying in the USA more than 1 year? Would it be too risky for me to go and attend the interview??

I have an architectural degree and I will be working in the design company which is field in my study and I did not do any illegal things during the period I am here. Should I go and try my change for stamping the visa? 

Please share your thoughts and advices

thank you,

Bouquet

You should not have any issues. Visa is just an entry document. I-94 is the one which drives your legal stay.

No need. Just continue what you are doing.

12 hours ago, shekar11# said:

You should not have any issues. Visa is just an entry document. I-94 is the one which drives your legal stay.

No need. Just continue what you are doing.

Thank you for your response first of all.

The reason why I am asking is just because I stayed legally but more than 1 year although my visa was for 1 year. But I was always legal. Would it be any problem if I went my home country and go to interview for visa stamping??

9 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

Yes they might ask and your home country will be best place for visa interview since I see red flags.

Should I go and try my change for stamping the visa?  - At one point of time you have to go if you planning to stay out of USA for sometime.

Thank you for your response.

I am thinking that they will question about why I stayed more than 1 year even if I studied and stayed legally. Would it be problem at the interview time? How can I explain to them and make my situation easier for me to get visa stamping?