H1b Visa Stamping without company name and Petition number on visa - June 2019

nvnachar

Hello,

I have recently went to visa stamping(3rd ext)  in Chennai IN, consulate. I was eligible for the dropbox and did as per the process.

Later, I got called for the in person interview and  attended interview and Visa got approved.

1. Once i received my passport, Visa doesn't have company name and petition number.

2. i got visa valid for 5yrs.

3. I traveled back to US on this visa without any issue. POE didn't ask anything on this visa.

Question :

Now my question is,  do i need to go for Visa stamping for next time H1b extension when i visit to india ? I'm in the process of h1b extension.

Thanks in advance.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:05 PM, nvnachar said:

Hello,

I have recently went to visa stamping(3rd ext)  in Chennai IN, consulate. I was eligible for the dropbox and did as per the process.

Later, I got called for the in person interview and  attended interview and Visa got approved.

1. Once i received my passport, Visa doesn't have company name and petition number.

2. i got visa valid for 5yrs.

3. I traveled back to US on this visa without any issue. POE didn't ask anything on this visa.

Question :

Now my question is,  do i need to go for Visa stamping for next time H1b extension when i visit to india ? I'm in the process of h1b extension.

Thanks in advance.

Not needed until your visa stamp is valid.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

Can you please let us know what questions were asked in interview and help your other country mates. Getting 5 years its strange.

Yes very strange. Typically a visa is stamped matching the expiration date of the petition. May be a mistake by consulate but I am happy for you. You are good for 5 years 🙂

• 1 month later...

Hi NVNACHAR,

Recently in October , I got my H1B visa stamped in Chennai consulate . Same situation like you . 

I got validity for 5 years . Also it does not have Petitioner detail and number . 

Few questions to you . Kindly clarify .

1. In PoE, have they issued I94 using your approved petition date ??

2. If so , did they ask you to show your petition since your visa does not have petition number .

3. Or they issued i94 with your Visa validity .Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance .