I-485 Question 25, 26 and 27 - speeding ticket

Jes

Hello. I got a speeding ticket for ~100 USD and paid and all set. 

For the I-485 questions:

25. Have you ever been arrested, cited, or charged.... ?

26. Have you ever committed a crime of any kind...?

27. Have you ever plead guilty or been convicted of a crime or offence...?

My lawyer answered Yes to 25 but NO to 26 and 27 and left a note that I got a speeding ticket and a few parking tickets. 

Should I worry about this? Should  26 or 27 be Yes? I have already filed the documents. Should I worry?

Thanks!

Actually, for speeding ticket, the answer to 25, 26 and, 27 is YES.

#25 has word "cited" in question so it is yes.

#26 has word "cited" or charged with in question so it is yes.

#27 says if you plead guilty. You paid the ticket so you plead guilty. So answer is yes.

Keep in mind that your prior speeding ticket(s) has no effect on officer's decision on whether to accept or reject application. However, lying in application is absolutely dangerous. Officer may not have way to verify during interview but an applicant takes oath before interview and it may bite you in future. I would suggest to be honest and tell truth during interview.

My spouse got speeding ticket(s) some time ago. We did as our attorney said to put YES for all three questions with hesitation. It had no effect and received GC.

Edited by care_candidate
14 hours ago, care_candidate said:

Actually, for speeding ticket, the answer to 25, 26 and, 27 is YES.

#25 has word "cited" in question so it is yes.

#26 has word "cited" or charged with in question so it is yes.

#27 says if you plead guilty. You paid the ticket so you plead guilty. So answer is yes.

Keep in mind that your prior speeding ticket(s) has no effect on officer's decision on whether to accept or reject application. However, lying in application is absolutely dangerous. Officer may not have way to verify during interview but an applicant takes oath before interview and it may bite you in future. I would suggest to be honest and tell truth during interview.

My spouse got speeding ticket(s) some time ago. We did as our attorney said to put YES for all three questions with hesitation. It had no effect and received GC.

#26 doesn't have the word "cited" in it. #27 is about pleading guilty ... to a crime.

Full sentence comprehension is important.

A speeding ticket is a citation, it is not a crime (unless it is stuff like reckless driving, which can be a misdemeanor, which is a criminal act.)