Visa stamping after 14 years on H1B

Sreela

Hello,

I have been on H1B since 2006 with approved I-140 and have not traveled out of USA since 2013 and have not been to India since 2010. I want to travel to Canada for a visa stamping now. I want to get some advice and opinions.

I am aware I can visit Canada (less than 30 days) with out going to consulate and come back legally on I-797A and I-94 records.

My concern is,  what if I want to visit  US consulate for a visa stamp and can I still re-enter if rejected at consulate (technically does not make sense but want to get expert's answer).

What are some good answers for not visiting home country for so long. (My true reason was a family feud and discourse raised because of my marriage in USA but am not sure how far that would appease in case of a non immigrant visa )

P.S:

*My previous 2 visa stampings in 2006 and 2013 were done in South America and Europe and am eligible to get stamping in other countries apart from home country.

*Want to get stamping as I fore see some travel.

* Have a child who is a citizen of United States of America