H1B picked in lottery but USCIS website does recognize theReceipt number

Veng_2019

Hi Every,

My husband's H1B petition was picked in lottery in April, 2019 and his lawyer shared the receipt notice with his company over email in May.

We are not able look up the case status online on USCIS website or on app. My husband told this to the lawyer and he told not to worry. Lawyer also told that there is no need to call USCIS for enquiry. 

This is the 1st time his company is raising H1B. This is legitimate company and my husband is in a full time role related to his MS degree.

Is this scenario normal? How can we know that his petition was really picked in lottery? Does F1 to H1B COS normally take this long?

I am on H1B and my petitions have been filed multiple times. I was always able to see my case status online. Thanks in advance for your help!

On 8/29/2019 at 10:32 PM, Veng_2019 said:

Hi Every,

My husband's H1B petition was picked in lottery in April, 2019 and his lawyer shared the receipt notice with his company over email in May.

We are not able look up the case status online on USCIS website or on app. My husband told this to the lawyer and he told not to worry. Lawyer also told that there is no need to call USCIS for enquiry. 

This is the 1st time his company is raising H1B. This is legitimate company and my husband is in a full time role related to his MS degree.

Is this scenario normal? How can we know that his petition was really picked in lottery? Does F1 to H1B COS normally take this long?

I am on H1B and my petitions have been filed multiple times. I was always able to see my case status online. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried using chrome in incognito mode but it still shows "validation error". USCIS does not recognize the case number. Should it have worked? Or do you think there is something wrong with this H1B petition or receipt number?

Also, sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation so could not access the forum sooner.

On 9/2/2019 at 7:35 PM, Chai said:

That's a known glitch in the system. Try using Google Chrome incognito mode. 

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried using chrome in incognito mode but it still shows "validation error". USCIS does not recognize the case number. Should it have worked? Or do you think there is something wrong with this H1B petition or receipt number?

Also, sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation so could not access the forum sooner.