All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Attorney_23

Nonimmigrant Waivers

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding nonimmigrant waivers of inadmissibility.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hi, I applied for non immigrant waiver to visit USA as I was deported.

Received below response from admissibility review pffi at VA - this is in reference to your form I-192 because you may be inadmissible to USA, charges found - section 212(a)(6)(A)(i) of the INA, disposition- removed.

A determination of inadmissibility under above charges does not trigger a bar, permanent or otherwise that would require an individual to seek a temporary waiver. Your inspection upon admission will be like normal applicant. Carry this letter everytime you enter US.

Based on above response can I directly apply for I-485 as I had I-140 approval from past or do I need immigrant waiver?

I can attach original letter but wasn't sure if it would be viewed public or private.

On 8/30/2019 at 11:48 AM, ShakShay said:

Hi, I applied for non immigrant waiver to visit USA as I was deported.

Received below response from admissibility review pffi at VA - this is in reference to your form I-192 because you may be inadmissible to USA, charges found - section 212(a)(6)(A)(i) of the INA, disposition- removed.

A determination of inadmissibility under above charges does not trigger a bar, permanent or otherwise that would require an individual to seek a temporary waiver. Your inspection upon admission will be like normal applicant. Carry this letter everytime you enter US.

Based on above response can I directly apply for I-485 as I had I-140 approval from past or do I need immigrant waiver?

I can attach original letter but wasn't sure if it would be viewed public or private.

Typically, an immigrant waiver will be necessary. Prior to proceeding with your I-485 it is highly advisable to discuss your situation with one of our attorneys experienced with immigrant waiver cases.  

On 9/7/2019 at 9:14 AM, ShakShay said:

Please provide contact info for experienced attorney dealing with immigrant waiver.

www.murthy.com, 410-356-5440. Tell the receptionist you need to discuss immigrant waivers.