All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Raj kumar12

PhD for EB1 category

Hi All,

I’ m looking for an online PhD in computer science. The main goal of doing this is to qualify for the EB1 program. My understanding is that USCIS will consider degrees from  institutions that are accredited and public or non-profit if it is private. Is this is correct? are there any such programs?

Thanks
Raj kumar

On 8/22/2019 at 8:07 PM, Raj kumar12 said:

Hi All,

I’ m looking for an online PhD in computer science. The main goal of doing this is to qualify for the EB1 program. My understanding is that USCIS will consider degrees from  institutions that are accredited and public or non-profit if it is private. Is this is correct? are there any such programs?

Thanks
Raj kumar

There is no real PhD that is online. A PhD program is about doing research, pretty much 24/7, all wake hours. You can't do that online.

Also, a PhD won't qualify you for EB1, unless you get a tenure-track Professor job (EB1-OR, Outstanding Researcher), which with an online degree is pretty much impossible.

For tenure-track positions you need a PhD from a good university. No good university does online PhDs.

Edited by JoeF