H1B General - Need help & clarity

ashhokbl

Hello Everyone,

I moved to the US in July 2014 and my I94 is set as 31st Jan 2020. My employer is in the process of extending H1-B till the end of "Maximum Physical Stay" which is August 2020 [ Considering 6 years + Time spent outside US ] . Green card is also in process under EB-2 category, but in very early stages [ Wage determination ] and Attorney is confident that I will get my Perm/I-140 within August 2020.

Since last couple of months, I am feeling low with my day-to-day activities as there are no opportunities to grow within my client. There are exciting opportunities within my employer but with different clients/cities. I am very interested to switch but concerned about what will happen to my Visa extension, Green card processing etc.

Some of my questions,

Is it wise to make a change while my H1-B is getting extended for the period Jan 31st 2020 [ I94 ] till August 27th 2020 [ Maximum Physical Stay ]. If I make a change while this is happening, I am sure there is a LCA change needed as well and concerned whether it will get rejected ? 

-Ashoka