All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meti_alb

FOIA Completed / No Documents

I filed a FOIA request with USCIS on Feb 5, 2019, requesting copies of 2 different change of statuses approval notices from back in 2006. (somehow I have lost them). 
I got a confirmation letter by mail saying they received the request, and which also provided me with information on how to register online at http://first.uscis.gov

Fast forward, on June 29, 2019, I received an email with subject "USCIS FOIA - Case status change". The first sentence read "Your USCIS FOIA/PA request has been processed and has been electronically delivered to the myUSCIS account you created." There was nothing in there except a copy of the confirmation letter I received in February after submitting the request. I did some research online and I came across a few posts suggesting that they had had similar experiences but the documents eventually showed up after a week or so. Well it has been two months and nothing has showed up in the Document Library of my case.

I am wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. Or am I looking in the wrong spot?

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 12.50.04 PM.png