All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dan9091

Second Inspection

Hi there . I got a misdemeanor DUI back in 2011 and had been going through “second inspection” at the airport ever since. Was under the impression that , unless I apply for citizenship, it would be an ongoing situation I’d have to deal with . I had just gotten my new green card earlier this year after applying for a renewal . I traveled right after and once upon my return , as suspected, was still asked to go to second inspection. Two months after I traveled again and to my surprise , that time once I returned , for the first time I had not been sent to second inspection, in fact the officer at the window couldn’t even see any conviction in his computer !?!?!

As amazing as it was , surprise and curiosity stroke me by that ... 

... So my question , I guess is , is it possible my DUI conviction was merely removed from my record , or somehow marked as “not important anymore “ for me to be send to Second Inspection?? 

I’d be grateful for any answers or ideas regarding this matter :) 

Probably CBP officer overlooked it. You may be subject to secondary inspection next time you enter US or may be not depending upon the officer.