H1B Transfer and Extension filed simultaneuosly

Hi All,

I am on H1B, and my I-94 expires on Sept 6th 2019. My current employer is scheduled to file my extension within this week. 

However, I have another offer from a new company . Can they apply for H1 Transfer before Sep 6th, so that this transfer application is NOT dependent on the above mention extension application (by current employer).

Also, what if my new Company apply for H1 transfer after Sep 6th, does it become a bridge petition and transfer application will only be considered  after my current employer extension application is approved ?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

SJ

Edited by jn_shailesh

you need to have receipt date before sep 6 for the petition to be independent. otherwise it will become bridged. if transfer is filed under premium processing you might get result for it even if it is a bridge petition. however, if the extension gets withdrawn or denied, you will be out of status and need to exit and re-enter with stamping with new employers petition