I485 Interview

Filing date: 10/1/18

For mailing address, I had provided my mailing address of my preparer(as a safe mailing address just in case I moved). My children's interview notice came at that address, however, mine and my spouse's interview notice was unable to deliver and was sent back to USCIS. USCIS resent it and we received the interview notice the second time around and our interview was scheduled. In the meantime my preparer mistakenly sent a letter to USCIS to resend the notice or reschedule the interview to ensure our family was able to make the interview on time. 

Our interview ended up being cancelled and we are now waiting for a reschedule. But I received a letter from USCIS, and I was wondering if my preparer or I need to take any action. The letter consists of the following: 

On, given date,  you or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at the time was following: 

*Information was given such as receipt # and other specifics that I do not wish to share on a post*

The status of the service request is: 

It appears the address you provided is the address listed as the preparer.  USCIS asks that the address provided be the mailing address of the applicant unless it serves as a safe mailing address on the application. 

We were unable to make that change at this time, because we have no evidence that this address serves as a safe mailing address for the petitioner or applicant. Please provide the current mailing and physical of  the applicant, not the petitioner.  

Any help on this situation would be greatly appreciated if we should send a letter back, schedule an info-pass or just wait for our interview to be rescheduled. If someone has also had a similar experience and would like to share would be appreciated as well. 

Thank you

3 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

What was the nature of the service request ?

What was the reason you needed a preparer when your English is very good?

Give them your current address.

By prepare they are referring to my sponsoring company. This service request may have been triggered when my sponsoring company mistakenly sent out a letter to the resend the interview notice or to reschedule it.