F1 visa rejected

Hi,

I got 214b from Hyderabad consulate. 

Reason mentioned in letter: You were not able to demonstrate that your intended activity in the United States would be consistent with the classification of the immigration visa for which you applied.

I am on STEM OPT with almost 9 months left, and i am working in a company.

I lost my Passport with valid visa for another 2 years, so applied for New passport when I am in USA. I traveled to India on my new passport and went for a VISA stamp on my new passport.

VO asked why I came for F1 visa now, I explained the reason that I lost visa.

Then VO looked at my I20 and asked which status I am on, I told STEM OPT.

VO asked why I transferred from one university (On which got my visa stamped) to another university (my current I20 on) explained reason with confidence and details, then VO walked to some person in back and discussed with the person for few minutes, later VO came back and said she cannot approve my Visa request.

What is the reason VO thought I will not return back to home country? And can I apply again? If, I can is there any documents that can support my case (exam or documents)?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by mlreddy520
extra details
3 hours ago, mlreddy520 said:

What is the reason VO thought I will not return back to home country? And can I apply again? If, I can is there any documents that can support my case (exam or documents)?

Your OPT and employment in US is the reason. OPT or employment should  not be the primary basis of a F1 visa. You should have consulted with an immigration attorney before you left US. You can apply again and if you ask me, you should, however, it may be denied again. Well if your only purpose is to continue work on your OPT then there is no other documentation you can provide. Not a bad idea to consulted with an immigration attorney now.