Student visa denial case

I worked as reporter for russian news agency in Beijing. I quit my job 8 months ago. Currently unemployed. I enrolled to UCLA extension Film/media producing program. First time I applied for F-1 visa on 10-th of July in Moscow. In application in contacts I put my american friend’s name instead of putting the name of university advisor. That was my mistake. I got denial. I applied second time three weeks later. I explained consul that as my purpose is studying, so i should have put the name of adviser, but not a friend. Than she asked if i am going to stay with a friend, i said no, i am staying on campus. And i got denial second time. 

My question is - in my case is it possible to get student visa if i get a job and reapply in a year or so?

On 8/7/2019 at 4:31 PM, Noah Lott said:

constantly changing stories during an interview is one of the best ways to have your application be denied.....

I didnot change a story! I tried to explain consul that to mention a friend but not an advisor was my mistake, but I never said that I didnot have a friend, cause I put him in my first application.  

On 8/7/2019 at 7:55 PM, pontevecchio said:

I suspect the denial was not because of the facts mentioned. How long is your course? 

In any case applying in 2021 may give you the best possible outcome.

The course in one year and a half long. And the UCLA extension program is quit cheap in compare to MA/MBA...

On 8/12/2019 at 6:26 AM, Noah Lott said:

"friend" is the common euphemism for boyfriend...trying to change that contact to a third party so and so just looks like someone hiding the true facts....the odds of a single woman from Russian returning after 'studies' is somewhere around one in 10,000.

Thank you for the answer. Following your logic, in America would not be a single russian female student…I put my friend’s name in the “Contacts”. If he was a boyfriend, I would have put his name in “Marital Status”.  

8 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

a boyfriend is not a martial status...to be sure, there are lots of no-longer-single Russian female students in America, as virtually all of them amazingly found USC husbands within three months of their arrival in the US...out of 1000 such 'students'. how many would you guess returned to Russia following the completion of their studies? The answer is between 1 and 6.....

There are several options that can be reported for marital status on the DS-160. These include: “Married;” “Common Law Marriage;” “Civil Union/Domestic Partnership;” “Single;” “Widowed;” “Divorced;” “Legally Separated;” and “Other.” 
Yeah, well, I partly agree with your theory on ‘no-longer-single Russian female students' …I believe that cases such as immigration are more related to the issue of person’s prof background. If a person has a weak background, and is going back to school in order to find “a better life in the states”, and his studies have no real connection to his prof background, than, yeah, that seems quite suspicious… And that is more like ‘i will stay here no matter what’ case.
But if a person has a pretty solid professional background (8 years in international journalism, for instance) and wants to go back to school for prof trainings, that shouldn’t be an issue. If that makes sense. 

Anyways, what would be your advice?

Thank you!