Multiple visits on B1/B2 visa in 1 year

Hi All

My mom visited US for 1.5 months in April 2019. Now both my mom and dad came back to US (Aug 01 2019) and the immigration officer entered validity as 1 year on their passport.

Question - Do they need to return back after 3.5 months or can they stay in US for another 6 months?

Please advice. Thanks for your help and time.

On 8/4/2019 at 5:19 PM, user12345 said:

Hi All

My mom visited US for 1.5 months in April 2019. Now both my mom and dad came back to US (Aug 01 2019) and the immigration officer entered validity as 1 year on their passport.

Question - Do they need to return back after 3.5 months or can they stay in US for another 6 months?

Please advice. Thanks for your help and time.

Can someone please answer my question?

Thanks

On 8/9/2019 at 12:00 PM, pontevecchio said:

They should return within 6 months of their arrival. You can certainly discuss the issue with a lawyer or make an appointment with USCIS at the Airport and ask them to clarify should you not wish to spend the money on a lawyer.

Thanks for your response. They will certainly go back within 6 months of their arrival.

I want to know if the previous 1.5 month stay will be counted towards the 6 months or it doesn’t matter. Is it 6 months from date of arrival irrespective of whether you visited US prior to that within the same year year or not?