H1B Visa Stamping after 11 Years... please help.

Hello friends, 

I came to US in 2006, and traveled to India in 2007 December and returned same month. Since then, I haven't traveled out of this country. I have changed 5 employers, but always maintained legal status with no major issues in visa extensions/transfers. Now, I am working as an full time employee of an american company, and settled down with 2 kids and own house. 

I am planning to go Mexico/Canada for visa stamping. But, some people suggested me to go home country for stamping as it has been too long and/or changed few employers in the past. At the same time, few others suggesting to go Mexico as getting visa in mexico is much easier than trying in india.

Could you please give your valuable advice.

Thanks in advance.

Getting the visa is not easier anywhere , the consular officer has to follow the same set of guidelines to determine whether to issue visa or not.

That being said 11 years is a very long time , the visa officer is likely to scrutinize things more carefully.

If they issue 221g and you get stuck in mexico you will have to arrange your own accommodation.Hence travelling to home country is always the best bet in such scenarios. 

Of-course i am not a lawyer i only shared my experience based on my previous stamping experience.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:37 AM, srishail said:

Hello friends, 

I came to US in 2006, and traveled to India in 2007 December and returned same month. Since then, I haven't traveled out of this country. I have changed 5 employers, but always maintained legal status with no major issues in visa extensions/transfers. Now, I am working as an full time employee of an american company, and settled down with 2 kids and own house. 

I am planning to go Mexico/Canada for visa stamping. But, some people suggested me to go home country for stamping as it has been too long and/or changed few employers in the past. At the same time, few others suggesting to go Mexico as getting visa in mexico is much easier than trying in india.

Could you please give your valuable advice.

Thanks in advance.

yes you can go to Mexico. Just carry all the old i797 approval copies . There is a good chance they will ask for all the 11 years of documents. You can try Laredo, CD Juarez