H1B General

3 hours ago, Neo0422 said:

If you have applied for Change of Status and you are planning to leave the country, that will void your application and you will have to apply for H1b once again next year, Don't leave the country until you get some decision.

Hmm, that is not quite true. The COS portion would get denied if the OP travels abroad, but that does not void the whole H1 petition. Please don't post wrong information.

If the OP travels abroad, he would have to get an H1 visa once the H1 petition is approved, and use that to enter in H1 status.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:01 PM, JoeF said:

Hmm, that is not quite true. The COS portion would get denied if the OP travels abroad, but that does not void the whole H1 petition. Please don't post wrong information.

If the OP travels abroad, he would have to get an H1 visa once the H1 petition is approved, and use that to enter in H1 status.

Thanks for the information. If i travel out of country and then come back with still my application pending. What happens to my application then and if its gets approved after coming back  do i need to get the H1 visa stamp immediately ?

Thanks for the information. If i travel out of country and then come back with still my application pending. What happens to my application then and if its gets approved after coming back  do i need to get the H1 visa stamp immediately ?

On 7/31/2019 at 7:01 PM, JoeF said: