H1b transfer I 140 approved

Hi,

Anyone has any input on job change, while I 140 is approved. Its been 4 months since my I 140 is approved (GC) in EB2 category. In future I am planning to change my job to different employer. I was wondering how it will work. Is visa transfer easy? How long it takes to H1b transfer? Any idea about the process. Any pros/cons?

Will really appreciate all the input. Thank you !

First of all it is not H1b transfer. Your new employer has to do everything as if they are applying for new H1b. Only difference is that it will not be capped, so there is no issue about whether visa is available or not. Process will take same amount of time and if you are in hurry, premium options is available.

If your 6 years are exceeded and you have I-140 approved, then you will need that I-140 approved for more than 180 days. This way even if your old employer cancels I-140, it won't harm your new application. Then comes Green card process.

Once you receive H1b in hand, you will need to start Green card process with new employer. Again, it is not a transfer, it is starting application from the start: PERM-I-140-I-485. Again only difference is that you can request to keep your old Priority date so you won't lose significant amount of time, particularly if you are from India and in EB-2 or Eb-3 category.

That's it 🙂  

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, care_candidate said:

First of all it is not H1b transfer. Your new employer has to do everything as if they are applying for new H1b. Only difference is that it will not be capped, so there is no issue about whether visa is available or not. Process will take same amount of time and if you are in hurry, premium options is available.

If your 6 years are exceeded and you have I-140 approved, then you will need that I-140 approved for more than 180 days. This way even if your old employer cancels I-140, it won't harm your new application. Then comes Green card process.

Once you receive H1b in hand, you will need to start Green card process with new employer. Again, it is not a transfer, it is starting application from the start: PERM-I-140-I-485. Again only difference is that you can request to keep your old Priority date so you won't lose significant amount of time, particularly if you are from India and in EB-2 or Eb-3 category.

That's it 🙂  

Thanks a lot !