I-864 Principal Immigrant and Family Members

Hi

I'm filing for permanent residence for both of my parents. I have listed my dad as the principal immigrant and mom as the additional family member on the I-864. Should I use the exact same I-864 for my mom as well or do I need to list her as the principal immigrant and my dad as the additional family member on her version of the I-864?

Thanks for the support

Aman

On 7/28/2019 at 9:49 AM, Amanjot said:

Hi

I'm filing for permanent residence for both of my parents. I have listed my dad as the principal immigrant and mom as the additional family member on the I-864. Should I use the exact same I-864 for my mom as well or do I need to list her as the principal immigrant and my dad as the additional family member on her version of the I-864?

Thanks for the support

Aman

No. You petition each of your parents separately. Both of them are principal beneficiaries on their own petition, and neither of them are derivative beneficiaries (the Immediate Relative category cannot have derivative beneficiaries). You will file two I-864s, one for each petition. The I-864 for your mom will not list your dad as a "family member". The I-864 for your dad will not list your mom as a "family member".