All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pradboy

What if PD gets current amidst an LC petition???

Here is the scenario...

Got my H1B extended for the third time (total 9 years) till Aug 2013.

One employer - LC approved - I-140 approved - PD April 2009.

Seems like with the way the dates are moving forward and looking at the existing I-485 inventory...things might move sooner after all....(Hallelujah)

Here is my question - If I think of changing jobs next year (say around July 2012) and since I have to again go through a LC/I-140 stage with the new employer (ofcourse, PD being ported from previous employer) and if, during the process of the second LC/I-140 stage, what if the PD becomes CURRENT in say, Sept 2012??? Will I be able to file for my I-485 and get my EAD after??? Or can I only file for I-485 when the new I-140 get approved???

Mahalo-Gazaimas.

~P

please consult a lawyer.

you can file I-485 when your PD is current even if I-140 is still pending (concurrent filing).

Originally posted by pradboy:

Here is the scenario...

Got my H1B extended for the third time (total 9 years) till Aug 2013.

One employer - LC approved - I-140 approved - PD April 2009.

Seems like with the way the dates are moving forward and looking at the existing I-485 inventory...things might move sooner after all....(Hallelujah)

Here is my question - If I think of changing jobs next year (say around July 2012) and since I have to again go through a LC/I-140 stage with the new employer (ofcourse, PD being ported from previous employer) and if, during the process of the second LC/I-140 stage, what if the PD becomes CURRENT in say, Sept 2012??? Will I be able to file for my I-485 and get my EAD after??? Or can I only file for I-485 when the new I-140 get approved???

Mahalo-Gazaimas.

~P

If the PD is current, and the LC is approved, I-140 and I-485, and EAD and AP, can be filed together.