H1b to H4 to H1b Visa Stamping

Hi All,

I previously had my H1b stamping in 2014 , later I quit and moved onto H4 visa and got it stamped in 2015 and applied for a new H1b in 2019 and got  my approval recently.  My questions are below

Can I go to Canada or Mexico for stamping? ( I am hearing lot of stories that if there is a change of status involved, better not go to Mexico or Canada - I do have previous h1b + Work experience + US - Master's degree)? 

OR 

Should I go to India (Country of Origin) as a mandatory to get my visa stamped?

Thanks in advance!

Sp18

On 7/23/2019 at 5:54 PM, Sp18 said:

Hi All,

I previously had my H1b stamping in 2014 , later I quit and moved onto H4 visa and got it stamped in 2015 and applied for a new H1b in 2019 and got  my approval recently.  My questions are below

Can I go to Canada or Mexico for stamping? ( I am hearing lot of stories that if there is a change of status involved, better not go to Mexico or Canada - I do have previous h1b + Work experience + US - Master's degree)? 

OR 

Thanks in advance!

Sp18

@Sp18 I had the same question and posted that few weeks back. You can check below. I am sure experts will answer you as well. 

On 7/23/2019 at 4:54 PM, Sp18 said:

Hi All,

OR 

Thanks in advance!

Sp18

I have seen many cases where folks moved from H1B to H4 through stamping (due to H1B denial) & later moved to H1B (through consular petition & attended for stamping) - got stamping completed in Mexico. Please feel free to drop an email to get more details & contact info of the person who did that.

As both H1B & H4 are under same H visa category. as long as you are on one of those all these years & had one time stamping atleast in your passport in one of those H visa category, you are eligible to get your stamping done in mexico.

Mexico don't allow F1 to H1B (Change of visa category - status - stamping)

But they allow H1B to H4 or H4 to H1B stamping. Not many folks know this information. I know this based on the folks whom i guided.

Good Luck !!!