Change of status from H1B to H4 and H4 EAD, timelines, restrictions

I am currently on H1B and my 6 years is maxing out this Nov 2019. My wife's I-140 is already approved and her H1 extension is pending approval (receipt notice is already received some time back.)
My plan is to convert from H1 to H4 and apply for H4 EAD at the same time, so that I can continue working here in the US itself, without having to have any gap in my career.
But I am not clear on whether I should do that right away, or go back to my home country and apply for H4 first and then for H4 EAD (for which I believe I have to quit my job in my home country and come back to the US for H4 EAD processing ?)
Can anyone please suggest what is the best and right option for me right now, should I apply for H4 and H4 EAD immediately bieng here in the US until Nov 2019 or first go back to home country and then start processing ?

If I opt to apply now itself, but most likely the approvals wont come before Nov 2019 when i have to travel back, will my H4/H4 EAD application get impacted ?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2019 at 2:48 PM, kyahoo said:

I am currently on H1B and my 6 years is maxing out this Nov 2019. My wife's I-140 is already approved and her H1 extension is pending approval (receipt notice is already received some time back.)
My plan is to convert from H1 to H4 and apply for H4 EAD at the same time, so that I can continue working here in the US itself, without having to have any gap in my career.
But I am not clear on whether I should do that right away, or go back to my home country and apply for H4 first and then for H4 EAD (for which I believe I have to quit my job in my home country and come back to the US for H4 EAD processing ?)
Can anyone please suggest what is the best and right option for me right now, should I apply for H4 and H4 EAD immediately bieng here in the US until Nov 2019 or first go back to home country and then start processing ?

If I opt to apply now itself, but most likely the approvals wont come before Nov 2019 when i have to travel back, will my H4/H4 EAD application get impacted ?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

You can apply from here only and continue working until Nov 2019. If you don't receive approval, you can still stay based on receipt notice.