H1b Visa stamping with prior arrest/Misdemeanor

Hi,

I and my wife have travel plans to India this October and i'm on H1b visa employed full-time by my employer. My wife is on H4-EAD working contract IT job. Since my visa is expired, I'm required to attend visa interview at US consulate to get my new H1b visa to re-enter into united states and i believe my wife has to attend the visa interview too. 

Back in October 2017 i had an intense argument with my wife and she had to call cops and then i got arrested. But then we didn't realize this was gonna happen and she bailed me out of arrest, and we fought the case together. She also submitted a notarized letter at that time to judge, saying "it all happened by accident and she never intended for me to get arrested". But due to strict California laws I got arrested in October 2017 and had to plead guilty for 'Misdemeanor PC 415(1)' Disturbance of peace, in March 2019. I also attended anger management counselling as the judge has order. 

Now, will I face any problems during my visa Interview for H1b stamping at US consulate or, by Immigration during re-entry to US at port of entry given my background of arrest and guilty charges? Is it even safe to plan for travel out of country? Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

10 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

They will try to check this out since in DS 160 you need to mention it. You may be issued 221G and I feel that it will be cleared out eventually. Be prepared to face it and plan accordingly. Stay strong and all the best.

Thank you for your response. I also plan on consulting and immigration attorney for additional help.