H1B extension shows status approved on 07/12 under PP but on 07/18 status updated to Denied

My H1B was approved from 13th dec 2016 to 13th dec 2018. I entered in US on 30th apr 2017. I moved to different client and same employer and filed a amendment. It got denied after mutiple RFE on 1st Mar 2018. I moved back to previous client same employer for which my initial petition was approved. My employer filed extension on 10th dec 2018 plus amendment for job role update. Same receipt number was received for both extension and amendment. My i94 was expired on 23rd dec 2018. I continued my stay on receipt as I have 240 days to wait for result. On 7th feb 2019 I received a RFE and responded to it on 1st May. Then I had a USCIS site visit on 24th may 2019. I hope it went well and nothing suspicious or fraud I did. My employer converted my application to premium on 6th july 2019 and I see status updated to approved on 12th july. My employer received a approval email notice without start or end date. On 18th of july I see status updated to Denied both on my case and my spouse H4 case. I am not sure what happened, didnt received any mail notification yet. Is that mistake or it seems they approved I 797 and denied I94?? Any suggestions? Thanks!